If you are anything like me, then you are dying to go #BacktoBaja with UnCruise Adventures. If you have yet to hear about UnCruise and their #BacktoBaja Campaign, then let me first enlighten you. UnCruise is a sustainably-driven adventure company, focusing on small ship experiences. This is to make sure their guests authentically experience the local culture and natural world of their desired destination. They have trips that leave from all over the Americas. However, the #BacktoBaja Campaign focuses on the two adventures that explore Baja, Mexico. More information on these tours is located at the UnCruise Website here.
Now I’ve got you caught up on what UnCruise and the #BacktoBaja Campaign is. I do hope you’ve taken some time to read into these fabulous trips. I also hope you are inspired to take one in the upcoming year of 2022! If so, I know you will probably need some help packing. An adventurous trip such as this can be difficult to prepare for. No worries, though, because I’ve got you covered! Read on below for my ultimate #BacktoBaja Uncruise Packing List!
My recommended clothing list for an UnCruise Adventure is below. Keep in mind that the onboard dress is casual and the off-boat excursions are pretty active. My packing list, starting with the clothing, takes this into account. Remember even though Mexico remains warm throughout the year, it becomes cool at sea and at higher altitudes during hikes. Keep this in mind as you pack. Layers are your friend!
- 3-4 Combinations of Shorts & Short-Sleeve Shirts
- 3-4 Combinations of Jeans/Pants & Long-Sleeve Shirts
- 2 Cardigans/Sweaters and/or a Lightweight Jacket
- Activewear for On-Land Adventures (Shorts and/or Leggings & Dri-Fit T-Shirts and Pull-Overs)
- 2-3 Bathing Suits
- 1-2 Coverups
- Enough Undergarments (Including Regular & Hiking Socks) for 1 Week
For such an adventurous cruise, you will certainly need your fair share of accessories. Included in the list below is a comprehensive guide to the different shoes, outerwear, and gear you will need. Kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, animal-watching, and beach lounging are all included with your Uncruise tour!
- Sandals for onboard the ship
- Water Shoes
- Hiking Boots and/or Sneakers
- Rain Jacket and/or Wind Breaker
- Water/Wind Resistant Pants
- Sweatshirt/Zip-up Fleece
- Wetsuit and/or Rash Guard
- Sun Hat(s)
- Day Pack for Hikes & Land Excursions
- Dry Bag & a Waterproof Phone Holder
- Snorkel Gear (if you have your own – otherwise Uncruise will provide)
You will notice everything below is eco-friendly, promoting no waste, and having as little impact on the planet as possible. This is on purpose. Why? Because Uncruise strives to decrease its footprint on the earth and Leave No Trace wherever possible. We, as passengers, can help with that by packing environmentally friendly products that do no harm to the world! If you are not familiar with eco-friendly toiletry products, I have linked posts that list brands in each category. Check it out! Otherwise, Uncruise does offer Eco-Friendly bath amenities in the onboard bathrooms if you don’t want to bring your own shower essentials.
Lastly, the essentials you cannot leave for your UnCruise Adventure without!
- Wallet (including cash for Port Fees/Taxes & gratuities)
- Passport/Visa/Paperwork (as in Travel Insurance)
- Electronics (including chargers & converters)
- Reusable Water Bottle (though Uncruise provides one)
- Headphones and/or Earplugs
- Reading Material/Entertainment for Relaxation (if desired… there’s also plenty to do onboard!)
To sum up, you now have my complete #BacktoBaja Uncruise Packing list. Is there anything you would add? For instance, perhaps something you could see yourself needing on your future trip that wasn’t included? Let me know what you think! Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!